Sonnenstein Castle—simply known as “The Castle”—has housed patients of strange mentalities since 1811, while it started with good intentions, taking only the patients deemed curable, as the times changed so did its staff. Stationed in Pirna, Germany, just outside Dresden, it was a prime location during the second world war, from 1940 it became known as NS-Tötungsanstalt Sonnenstein, otherwise The Sonnenstein Euthenasia Centre, and there, within just a year, 15,000 patients and concentration camp prisoners were euthanised. It was one of six that were in operation in Saxony, and was the worst sites of Nazi war crimes.
The Castle was shut down in early 1946, the war had ended and the people saw no use for it, but little did they know that somebody else did—Doctor Josef Rudolf Mengele; infamous for performing human experiments on camp inmates, including children, for which he was nicknamed the “Angel of Death”. After having been dismissed from his post in Auschwitz, he took on a side project of his own and continued on his studies on fresh, new patients.
OCs AND FC REQUESTS ACCEPTED.